6-year-old boy gets crushed to death by a fridge that his parents were carrying from a truck to their home
A little boy died after a fridge that was being carried from a truck to a home fell on top of him, according to police in California.
The San Diego Police Department said that the 6-year-old boy, who was not identified, was watching the fridge being carried into his home when it fell on top of him.
The incident unfolded around 12:30 p.m. on Saturday, in the child’s home located at 773 Beyer Way. Neighbors said that the child’s parents were screaming for help as they were holding their injured son.
Paramedics performed CPR on the child for 12 minutes, but they were unable to revive him. The boy was taken to a nearby hospital, where he died of his wounds.
Child abuse detectives were at the scene for several hours. No charges have been filed against the parents as police believe that the death was accidental.
People are angry after a dog was found eating a baby who was abandoned by the mother after birth.
According to police in Malawi, the grim discovery was made by a man who was on his way to work.
Businessman Steven Lanken was going to work when he spotted the dog eating something that looked like human flesh, police said. Read more »
Investigators said her attacker used a cigarette lighter to set her face on fire after dousing her with alcohol. A Rome university student was burned alive by her ex-boyfriend after she left him, authorities said Monday — a slaying one investigator called the most atrocious crime he has seen in his career.
Sara Di Pietrantonio, 22, died before dawn Sunday after Vincenzo Paduano, 27, set her car afire, prosecutor Maria Monteleone told reporters.
He then chased her after she ran out of the car, setting her ablaze when he caught up with her, authorities said. Investigators said her attacker used a cigarette lighter to set Ms Di Pietrantonio’s face on fire after dousing her with alcohol. Read more »
The world’s worst yellow fever outbreak in decades took hold in an Angolan slum because its early victims were Eritrean migrants whose false vaccination papers sent doctors off on the wrong path for weeks, international health officials said.
The flare-up of the mosquito-borne disease has killed 325 people in Angola, spread as far as China – which has close commercial links with oil-rich Angola – and raised fears of the world running out of vaccine, but it might have been stopped in its tracks if it had been identified quickly in Luanda. Read more »